Monday’s challenge for the bout of books read-a-thon is ‘The Bookish Survey’. The original post is found Here
1. How do you organize your shelves? I have only recently begun buying printed books again, after growing tired of staring at the spines of books I didn’t like anymore and switching pretty much exclusively to ebooks. But I found I wasn’t reading so much, and have started growing my collection again. I don’t organise the shelves into any particular order, but each shelf holds a specific group of books.
Top shelf: Series & books belonging to my husband
Second shelf: hardbacks/antique books/Tolkein
Third shelf: TBR
Fourth shelf: favourite books/penguin clothbound classics
Bottom shelf: art & photography books/sketchbooks/feminism books from my uni days/graphic novels
I definitely need more shelves!
2. What is one of your favorite books that’s not in one of your favorite genres?
3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
Blankets by Craig Thompson. I’ve been wanting to read this for ages, and I hear graphic novels are useful for read-a-thons.
5. What book do you recommend the most?
Oh there are so many! It depends who I’m talking to and what I’d think they’d like. But lately I seem to spend most of my time trying to convince people to read Outlander because nobody I know IRL seems to have heard of it and it’s driving me crazy not being able to gush about it wherever I go.
Number of books read today: 1
Number of pages read today: 320
Total number of finished books: 1